Saturday, September 12, 2009

CFC Women's Challenge





Let's see if I can even attempt to describe the Women's Challenge in words...



Unfortunately, I was going into the Challenge after a weekend of partying in Florida. Oops, kind of dropped the ball on that one. I tried to stick to paleo foods while out of town but it was harder than I thought it would be. Oh well, done and over with and now I can look forward to what is to come!

On Friday, the 2 workouts were announced. I thought CFC was going to post them online in the morning so I kept a browser up at work, continually refreshing it throughout the day (not like I don't have it up already :). But the workouts were released in person when we went to pick up our shirts (which I love!). Here's what we found:
8:00 am
2 mile trail run broken up into three obstacles of
1. 150 burpees
2. 200 KB swings
3. 200 med ball passes

10:00 am
The Chipper
75 barbell power snatch (45#)
200 box jumps
175 ab mat sit ups
100 pull ups
125 duo dead lifts @ 95#s
150 jumping ring dips
100 duo shoulder press (55#)
Run 400

Whew.

Here's how it went down:

I had a crazy nightmare last night about oversleeping and missing the trail run. I popped out of bed at 6 am thinking that it's 10 am and I've let me team down, missed everything. Turns out that I had left my phone on vibrate so it's good I had that nightmare to wake me up and get me going! Maybe my subconscious comes in handy...

The Shoal Creek area was a little tricky to find. Cara wanted Team Guns there at 7:00 to talk strategy but after getting turned around a few times I think I got there around 7:20ish. Austin decided to throw us a fast one this weekend with a torrential downpour that never quite stopped. Rain?!?! The weather was definitely a surprise! But I almost preferred it to the heat we're used to.



Cara and Maria started with the burpees. I effing hate burpees and used the time to psyche myself up. The plan was for each of us to do 50 but I think my teammates did much more than I could. Burpees are on my 'To Work On' List! Then, we were off running to the next station of KB swings. I got there first and started swinging:



Keeping our footing on the trail run was the hardest part but Team Guns was all smiles as we raced for the finish line:



We had about an hour between workouts. Cara went to a laundromat, Maria went home and I went to Andrew's to throw all my wet, stinky clothes in the dryer. I even had time for a quick shower (mainly to warm up) before I headed back to Central. I brought some extra Spark aka Crack for the teammates and before we knew it we were off on The Chipper!

The hardest part of the Chipper were definitely the duo movements because you had to stay in sync with your partner. I think that we could have gone heavier on the deadlift and the push press but it would have been challenging.



I am most proud of the preserverance Cara showed throughout the Challenge. She doesn't like running as much as Maria and I do but for every leg of the race she pushed through! That's Stubborn Determination!




When's the next Challenge??

No comments:

Post a Comment