Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm wearing the Cranky Pants

Workout Log:

9/21
400m Run
50 squats
x4
My time: 15:20

9/23
21-15-9
Handstand Push-ups
Deadlifts (Elite weight 155#, I did 115#)
My time: 8:49 (?)

I've been cranky lately because I haven't been eating well. In the past 3 months I've learned that when I don't eat well a lot of negative things spin out from that - getting frustrated during WODs, low energy, poor emotions, lack of motivation, the list goes on and on. So, why don't I eat well all of the time when I know this happens to me when I don't? Because I get sick of all the comments at work about my eating habits, because sometimes I'm hanging out with people that eat "bad" food and I think if they can have it, I can too. I know it doesn't work this way and I know I'm better off without the cake and cookies and bread and junk but sometimes I just don't feel like being strong to resist all of it. Gahhhh! Frustration.

So I'm wearing the cranky pants until I kick my butt into gear and decide that I really want to be the fastest, strongest, and fittest that I can be!

Linds, Katie, Jess and I are looking into doing JDP's 30 Challenge. This would involve extra workouts and mega dialed in nutrition for the month of October. I know we can do it but we're still figuring out the logistics of money and time. This challenge would force me into the consistency that I've been lacking lately! Hopefully we can do it but if not, I should start a challenge of my own. Paleo/zone for 30 days!

I like this from Travis's blog:

"On the surface, the deadlift seems simple, right? "Stand up with the weight". But now that we have reviewed all of the lift's underlying complexities, I challenge you to make a comparison between the deadlift and your life. This may be a stretch for some of you to comprehend, but for those of you that live CrossFit like I do, you know what I am getting at. Life is uncertain and, at times, uncomfortable. But the desire to complete the task at hand must outweigh the feelings of doubt and discomfort."

Now I just need to get uncomfortable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment