Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halfway Through!

Today marks the halfway point through John's 30 Day Challenge. The past two and a half weeks have been filled with sore muscles, comments about what I've been eating, ZERO alcohol, lots of "I can't do this" thoughts and a bunch of "I did it!"s

Tuesday's WOD was 4 minutes on, 1 minute off of:
3 DB squat cleans (30#)
5 r/l DB snatches (30#)
7 calorie row

I couldn't even do a single snatch before the workout. But on 3, 2, 1 GO I either had to struggle through or figure out a way to make it work. I don't think I had ever done dumbbell snatches before, nevertheless with 30 pounds! In the beginning I couldn't extend my arm at the top and was using my free arm to push up the weight. It must have looked (and felt!) horrible and I was letting the weight twirl me around without much control. John finally said, "Make it feel like you're throwing the DB in the sky" before I finally got it. Looking back, I'm really happy that he made me stick with the 30 pounders even though I couldn't do it in the beginning. I would have felt like a failure if I had to lower the weight.

My pants are definitely looser but probably haven't dropped an entire size yet. I still have about two weeks to go until the Challenge is over. We're supposed to turn in our scales to John but I feel weird bringing it into the gym. Oh well, no one is really there at 5:30 am. Nutrition has been going okay. The comments I get from co-workers about what I'm bringing for lunches tend to annoy me but I'm trying to ignore them. I wish I could just live in a CrossFit Central bubble surrounded by everyone who has the same lifestyle as me! There are too many other distractions out there - pumpkin pie, McDonald's Frostys, chips and salsa, Shiner! Ugh, ok I'm stopping.

Crystal's class is definitely my happy place after T/Th mornings. I love the girls and everyone does such a good job motivating each other. It's fun! Jess, Linds and I battle through the WODs on T/Th but I wouldn't quite call it fun... Jess just called us her "pillars of strength" which I definitely agree with. I wouldn't be able to survive without their support!

No comments:

Post a Comment