Thursday, October 22, 2009

Disgruntled

Thirty minutes ago the One American Center had a fire drill. In the past, our floor warden has always warned me a couple of days in advance to bring a change of shoes because she knows I like to wear heels to work and walking down 19 floors during a fire drill in heels can be awkward. This week, I didn't have any notice and was definitely wearing my highest black heels. When I first heard the alarms going off I thought it was real deal because I hadn't heard that there would be a drill. But when I asked Christy (floor warden) if she knew, she was like "What do you think?"

Turns out that she had warned everyone else about the drill except for Aaron and I. Those that knew, went downstairs early with the elevator and did not have to walk down the 19 flights of stairs.

I work with a lot of people that are not active. There are constant swoops of baked goods, sodas, and candy throughout the office. I'm not upset today because I had to walk down stairs (well, maybe a little). I'm upset because these people don't make conscious efforts to make themselves healthier. They take the elevator during a fire drill. They critique me when I don't eat a slice of cake with them. Someone (who didn't partake in the fire drill) even had the audacity to make fun of a girl wearing a short dress today. Don't complain about the way you look if you're not going to do anything about it!

It's frustrating because I know CrossFit works. I know that Paleo/Zone works. When I talk about it though I always get responses like "That's too hard" or "I can't do that". It is hard. And it takes time. But I've made the choice to do it and it's working. How do I get through to them??

No comments:

Post a Comment