Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm thinking...

I'm thinking that I should start blogging about my adventures in training with superheroes, cooking/measuring like a mad scientist, and enjoying my life in Austin. The goal of this blog is to record accomplishments while giving my Mom something to read (if she figures out how to use the Internet).

I am currently at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf to make use of their free WiFi. I still need to work on buddying up with my neighbors to unlock their internet but for now, I've enjoyed finding new coffee houses in Austin. Thunderbird is the closest to my place and I do enjoy it but something about studying the LSAT among Austin's finest liberals rubs me the wrong way. I feel like the LSAT and Starbucks go hand in hand - the rise of corporate America and all that jazz! But today is all about being an artsy blogger as I sit across the street from Central Market and debate about going shopping after this for some more veggies.

Speaking of food, about an hour ago I prepared ten ziplock bags of paleo two block meals. Next post I'll figure out how to upload pictures and post a picture of my refrigerator. This past month I have been fiddling with the Paleo style of eating and my goal for the next two weeks before my Florida trip is to now zone the paleo meals. I'll let you know how it goes... I can tell you this, my new kitchen scale is pretty cool. I never knew what 2 oz of chicken looked like before this handy Target purchase! So even if I fail miserably at zoning my food, at least I have a fancy shmancy digital device to show for my efforts.

In preparation for Central's Women's Challenge on September 12th, some of the 7:00 pm ladies and I got together this morning at 10 am at the track across the street from the gym. I had found/made up a WOD consisting of:

10 burpees
200M Run
20 pushups
200M Run
30 lunges
200M Run
40 squats
200M Run
50 sit ups
200M Run

Cara, Maria, Alisa and I rocked it! It was already hot at 10 am and Cara had been out the night before to celebrate her birthday but we all showed up, went through the warm up, and had a really good time. Afterwards, we tried to look around for a pull up bar but no such luck. I have this burning desire to do a kipping pull up without any modification! For the last two classes, a bunch of us have stayed after to try but so far only Jess has been able to pull one off. By the Women's Challenge I hope to knock out at least ONE and if I do, a crazy, happy dance will commence!

I'm off to see if I can find some figs...

No comments:

Post a Comment